Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Please, pay attention!!!

This is for me. A few times in my teaching career I halfway read a note or email and decided I knew what it said. That got me into a couple of interesting situations. You would think that maybe I would have learned to read and process information. Not so.
I received an invitation for my daughter-in-law, Brandi, and myself to attend my niece's baby shower. I texted Brandi about the invitation asking is she wanted to go with me (they live in Midlothian which is south of Dallas) on Saturday, March 3rd. She took the Thursday and Friday before off so she, my son, and Otis, my grandson, could come to our house in Bonham for a little visit with Papa before Brandi, Otis, and I headed to Wayne, Oklahoma for the shower.
We left on Friday morning and arrived at my parents home outside of Wayne around noon. We went to eat at "The Restaurant" for lunch, dropped Grampy off at home, and headed to WalMart. My momma kept saying something about the shower on Sunday. I told her no, it was on Saturday. She said she thought it was on Sunday, but they didn't send her an invitation so she was probably wrong. We teased her about that. When we returned I went to get the invitation. Sure enough it said March 4th which was Sunday. We had to get back to my house on Saturday because my son had to go to work early Sunday morning.
Before we left, I asked my sister, Karen, not to let the people at the shower harp on how stupid I was. She promised me she wouldn't because it would certainly go without saying. :)
Maybe I will learn to read notes, letters, invitations, and letters to see what they actually say, but I doubt it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey now it is certainly alright...just hate that you all drove so far but look Grandma and Grampy got to see lil' Otis and his cute dimples. Don't you worry one minute over the mix up just glad we got to see all of you on Friday!

    ReplyDelete