Sunday, October 9, 2011

Honey, Don't!

My apologies to the Bee Man! Why am I apologizing to the Bee Man? Well, let me begin by telling you that I am married to the sweetest, kindest, big-heartedest man I know. He would never knowingly do anything to upset anyone. That being said, he does have a hearing problem. I'm pretty sure that is what got him in trouble. He was wandering around the Trade Day grounds checking out each booth. When he came to the Bee Man's booth, he decided to buy some honey to see if it would help with my allergies. He started to visit and somewhere in that conversation he thought the Bee Man said to squeeze the honeycomb. Wondering why he would want John to squeeze the honeycomb, but not wanting to argue, John squeezed the corner of the honeycomb. That was obviously NOT what the man said, as he became very angry. He threw the bag of "squeezed" honeycomb to the back of the booth, and said that now he couldn't sell it. John said he would take it, and the Bee Man said, "Yeah, now you just want it for free!" John said he meant he would buy it. John purchased a jar honey and the "squeezed" honeycomb and escaped. I think he was still in shock when he made it back to our booth.
Advice to Bee Man: When you are visiting with customers, speak loudly and clearly or your honeycomb might get "squeezed" again.

2 comments:

  1. HaHaHa....So John has been going around squeezing honeycombs! Hmmmmm better keep those hands in his pockets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing. I bet he felt bad. I feel bad for him.

    ReplyDelete